Photography for me is a way to appreciate the little things. The simple joys of everyday life. They make me remember that the everyday moments are where it's at.
I'm trying to be more intentional in capturing those moments with our kids. I find it so easy to get lost in the daily grind, the chores, the routines, the cleanups, the 'busy' that sometimes I feel I'm not present enough. They're still so little, they're so innocent and fun and creative and loving, I don't want to forget just because I was busy. So I'm introducing a personal project, Moments Lately, in which I will share little things from our everyday life.
- "Can I pleaaassse do my lippy, mom??"
- I'm so impressed by this kid's focus! Playing quietly in the window light.
- Always. Running. Everywhere.
- Climbing the stairs is his fave right now. And his snow boots, he wears them all day, every day.
- Wippin' up some chocolate zucchini muffins (she wasn't impressed with the amount of work that had to be put into baking them).
- Post nap jumpers.
- Nail polish for the first time. Picked the colour herself, she's super proud.