I always love reading introductions and learn some new things about people. Sometimes we think we know someone, but do we really? Let's not take ourselves too seriously and share some things you may not know about me yet...
1. Me and my husband Chris had a super simple city hall wedding. The moment from our "engagement" to our wedding was about 3 weeks. I got my dress the day before the wedding, we had no rings, my sister in law took our pictures and we ordered a bunch of pizza for our wedding feast! Looking back on this day, it's nothing but good memories. Simple and fun, totally my style.
2. I'm Dutch. As in, I've only been living in Canada since 2012. I was born and raised in the Netherlands, moved to Spain with my family when I was 17 (my parents and brother still live there), moved back to the Netherlands on my own to study when I was 18, and met my Canadian husband there in 2011. Together we moved to Canada. I love it here, especially how nice people are! People in Holland are much more direct, my husband always says I have no filter. It's kinda true, I just say what's on my mind... I'm not trying to be rude, I promise!
3. I love light. Sunrise is my favourite time of day and I don't mind getting up early to watch it. I love it when the light is flickering through the trees and fills my home with magic. I always see reflections, coloured light and natural spotlights everywhere. They're my guide, letting me know that I'm on the right track. I think this is part of the reason I love photography so much.
4. I'm obsessed with podcasts. I listen to some episodes every single day. They're so full of tips and wisdom! One of my favourite things to do is to strap the kids in the stroller with some toys, put my earbuds in and listen to a podcast while we go for a walk. My favourites right now are: The Purpose Show by Allie Casazza, What The Eff by Sydney and Taylor, Oprah's SuperSoul Conversations, Vibrant Happy Women by Jen Riday, and The Goal Digger Podcast by Jenna Kutcher. Do you have any favourites? Let me know in the comments below!!
5. I kinda like cleaning. I used to hate it, like really hate it. When I was a teenager my mom would actually take pictures of my room because it was SUCH a disaster - probably as bribing material lol. But since then, and especially since we've moved into our fixer upper 3 years ago, everything has been SO different. I love my home and working from home, I spend most my days here as well. It has become such an important space to me. Minimalism has been key for keeping my house organized and clean. 'The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up' has actually changed my life, along with my cordless Dyson, we're best buds!
Well there you have it. I dare you to share a fun fact about yourself in the comments too. I would love to get to know you better and learn something about you I can't possibly know from following you on social media.